Spider Phobia Course
“I would like to thank you and Ray for a great session today. It was both informative and fun….and I ended up actually holding some of the beasties! I still can’t believe it.”
There is no good reason to be afraid of spiders. The vast majority of spiders are harmless and extremely beneficial invertebrates. There are no dangerous spiders in the UK.
Gillian Gibbs ” Thanks you so much to Ray and Angela who have really changed my life. Yesterday the thought of standing in a room with over 200 spiders would have filled me with dread. Im cured!”
However millions of perfectly rational people have an irrational fear of them. Why? No matter how they try to be calm when confronted by a spider the response is always the same. Sweating, nausea, panic, rapid heartbeat and sometimes much worse can occur. Do spiders deserve this reputation? Here at the Naturally Wild Company we think not and we are now offering a three hour course that aims to assist the arachnophobe to not only overcome their fears but to leave with a better understanding of these much maligned creatures.
The course will run in 2017 on Saturday 11th November 2017 at Drusillas Park, Alfriston, East Sussex
The day lasts from 10am until 1.00pm and costs just £80 per person with a maximum of 10 participants. (This includes entrance to the park)
The schedule of the session is subject to change but will include:
- 10.00: Health and Safety talk.
- 10.15: What are we afraid of? How phobias become stuck in our subconscious mind. Group question and answer session.
- 10.45: Everything you ever wanted to know about spiders but were afraid to ask. Talk and question and answer session presented by Ray Hale of The British Tarantula Society and The British Arachnological Society.
- 11.15: Break.
- 11.30: Group session with Angela Hale from Drusillas and Ray Hale that includes a gradual exposure to the spiders. All spiders are securely held in their tanks that allow the participants to see for themselves these mini-beasts at close quarters.
- 12.30: An introduction to British spiders and how to recognise and identify them.
Learn how to safely, and without fear remove unwanted visitors to your home. This will be followed by a chance to meet (if desired) some of the spiders more exotic but perfectly harmless cousins…the tarantulas.
- 1.00: Course finishes.
Cancellation rules are as follows:
- No refund will be given regardless of the notice given for cancellation.
- If the course is cancelled by Drusillas Park due to unforeseen circumstances, then a full refund will be given.
This course is being run by Drusillas and the Naturally Wild Company
If you have any questions or require further details please do not hesitate to contact Angela Hale on 01323 874100 extension 201 – we look forward to hearing from you.
NATURALLY WILD COMPANY IN CONJUNCTION WITH DRUSILLAS PARK WILL BE RUNNING A SPIDER PHOBIA COURSE ON November 11th 2017 AT DRUSILLAS. CHECK OUT THE SPIDER PHOBIA PAGE ON THIS SITE OR VISIT WWW.DRUSILLAS.CO.UK FOR MORE DETAILS