There is no good reason to have a spider phobia; they are harmless and extremely beneficial invertebrates.
However, millions of perfectly rational people are terrified of spiders. Why?
No matter how much they try to calm themselves the response remains the same: sweating, nausea, panic, rapid, heartbeat and sometimes worse.
Do spiders deserve this fearsome reputation? We think not and we offer a three hour course that aims to assist the “arachnophobia” to not only overcome their fears but to leave with a better understanding of these much maligned creatures.
Schedule of events for the “I’m Only Scary Cus’ I’m Hairy” Course
• 1:45pm: Arrival of participants
• 2:00pm: What are we afraid of? How phobias become stuck in our subconscious mind.
• 2:30pm: Everything you ever wanted to know about spiders, but were afraid to ask. Talk and Q&A session presented by Ray Hale of the British Tarantula Society and British Arachnological Society
• 3:00pm: Break.
• 3:20pm: Group session with Angela and Ray Hale that includes a gradual exposure session to the spiders. All spiders are securely held in pots and tanks that allow the course participant to see for themselves these amazing mini-beasts at close quarters.
• 4.00pm: An introduction to British Spiders and how to recognize and identify them. Learn how to safely and without fear remove unwanted visitors to you bath. This will be followed by a presentation of a certificate of completion and a chance (if desired) to meet some of their more exotic, but perfectly harmless cousins…the tarantula
• 5:00: Programme finishes.
Course Numbers: Maximum of 10
• Adult = £95
For details of course dates and locations please e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07516 461 957